Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
A permit is required and can be obtained from:
- Director of Veterinary Services
PO Box CY66
Causeway, Harare, Zimbabwe
- +(263) 242 791516
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit
As importing country requirements may change without advice to the department you should check the import permit and/or the country website carefully at the time of preparation for export.
As included in an import permit issued in February 2021:
I, _______________________________________ Address, ________________________________________________________ an official veterinarian of the administration of ______________________________________ hereby certify that I have today examined the animal(s) described above and found it/them to be free from clinical signs of communicable diseases to which the species is susceptible.
- The animal(s) originate(s) from premises or an area free from movement restrictions imposed for the control of rabies.
- The animal(s) has/have valid rabies vaccinations certificate(s) having been vaccinated for a period of not less than thirty (30) days but not more than 1 year in the case of primary vaccination.
- Has/have been revaccinated against rabies for a period of not less than thirty (30) days but not longer than 3 years in the case of dogs. In the case of cats, the period after revaccination is not less than thirty (30) days but not longer than 1 year.
- is under three months of age and its dam was vaccinated against rabies at least 30 days but not longer than 12 months prior to parturition.
- In cases where the animal originates from an area in which cases of rabies occurred in the previous three months or the area is under movement restrictions for the control of rabies the minimum period after vaccination or revaccination is extended from 30 days to 60 days.
- This health certificate must be signed within 21 days of the animal(s)’ departure and covers each animal listed.
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Based on and Import Permit issued in February 2021. Entry last reviewed 30 April 2021.
20/05/2021 - Extensive changes were made to all sections of this entry.