Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) for information about the process required to import animals into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam from Australia.
- Veterinary Department
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Hanoi City, Vietnam
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
As importing country requirements may change without advice to the Department you should check the import documents and/or the country website carefully at the time of preparation for export.
- Australia has been free from rabies for the last three years.
- The animals are healthy and free from any signs of infectious and contagious diseases at the time of export.
- Animal must be vaccinated against rabies at least 30 days before departure
- All rabies vaccination certificates must identify:
- the name and address of the practice
- the name of the attending veterinarian
- the name and address of the owner of the animal
- description of the animal including age, breed, sex, colour, markings and microchip number
- the date of vaccination
- the vaccine used including serial and batch number
- the use by date of the vaccine.
The importing country may have specific transport requirements and you should check this.
Pre- and post-arrival quarantine requirements
The importing country may have specific pre- and post-arrival quarantine requirements and you should check this.
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Based on a certificate issued in July 2021.
Entry last reviewed 20 July 2023.
25/07/2023 - Deleted residency clause in Health certification section.