Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements. Additional information to assist exporters with how to prepare reproductive material for export is available on the
An import permit and health certificate are required.
Information about the process required to import reproductive material into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam from Australia can be found on
Ministry of Agriculture and rural Development (MARD) website.
- Veterinary Department
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Hanoi City, Vietnam
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
I, Dr ………………………………, a duly authorised government veterinary officer, hereby certify that:
Disease free certification:
- Australia is officially free of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE).
- Australia has been free for the last 3 years from:
- Foot and mouth disease
- Vesicular Stomatitis
- East Coast fever
- Contagious bovine pleuropneumonia
- The bovine semen referred to in the Veterinary Certificate meets the hygienic standards of the World Organisation of Animal Health (WOAH).
- The final audit of semen in this consignment was performed under official supervision and the semen was placed in a sterilised shipping container.
Port of entry requirements
- The semen must be accompanied by a health certificate issued by the center veterinarian and endorsed by the Department.
- The health certificate must contain:
- the name and address of the importer
- the name and address of the semen collection center
- complete identification of the donor animals.
Basis for Micor entry
Based on historical certification.
Entry last reviewed 29 March 2021.
14/07/2023 - Extensive changes were made to all sections of this entry.