Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
Information about the process required to import fish and aquatic animals into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam from Australia can be found on
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) website.
- Veterinary Department
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Hanoi City, Vietnam
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
I, Dr ………………………………, a duly authorised government veterinary officer, hereby certify that:
- There have been no clinical cases of viral encephalopathy and retinopathy reported on the property of origin during the 30 days before export.
The Department issues certification based on a declaration by the relevant state or territory Department of Primary Industries confirming the absence of the notifiable disease on the property of origin for the period specified.
- The batch from which the fish were selected has been tested for epizootic ulcerative syndrome and found to be negative.
The Department issues certification based on a laboratory test report confirming that the batch from which the fish were selected tested negative for epizootic ulcerative syndrome.
- The fish have been treated for external parasites prior to export.
The Department issues certification based on a declaration by the person who administered the external parasite treatment to the fish.
- The fish were inspected within three (3) days of export and were free from clinical signs of infectious and contagious disease.
The Department issues certification based on a declaration by a registered veterinarian who performed the final inspection.
- The containers used for transporting the live fish have been cleaned and disinfected prior to use.
The Department issues certification based on a declaration from the exporter confirming that the containers used for transporting the fish have been cleaned and disinfected before use.
The importing country may have specific transport requirements and you should check this.
Pre and post arrival quarantine requirements
The importing country may have specific pre and post arrival quarantine requirements and you should check this.
Basis for Micor entry
Based on a health certificate agreed in 2012.
Entry last reviewed 3 April 2023.
17/04/2023 - Basis of Certification updated.