Tanzania, United Republic of (TZ)
Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
An import permit and health certificate are required.
Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries for information about the process required to import animals into the United Republic of Tanzania from Australia.
- Veterinary Complex,
131 Nelson Mandela Road,
PO Box 9152,
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
As importing country requirements may change without advice to the Department you should check the import permit and/or the country website carefully at the time of preparation for export. Certifying officers must review the import permit(s), any conditions provided by the exporter and the country website to ensure that the issued document(s) are consistent with the permit(s).
The following conditions were provided in a permit issued by the Directorate of Veterinary Services in Tanzania in September 2019.
The animals must be accompanied by:
- This original permit.
- A veterinary health certificate issued within 14 days prior to export by State Veterinarian of the exporting country to the effect that; the said animals are healthy and fit for transportation.
- Has been treated for external and internal parasites
- Has been vaccinated at least once against; Rabies, Leptospirosis, Canine Viral hepatitis, Parvovirus infection and Canine distemper
- Failure to comply with the stipulated conditions may lead to refusal of entry.
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Based on a permit issued in September 2019 and importing country website and information. Entry last reviewed 15 September 2021.
13/12/2021 - Extensive changes were made to all sections of this entry.