South Africa (ZA)
Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements. Additional information to assist exporters with how to prepare reproductive material for export is available on the
An import permit is required.
Information about the process required to import animals into South Africa can be found on the
Republic of South Africa Government website.
As the importing country requirements may change without advice to the Department you should check the importing country’s documentation carefully at the time of preparation for export.
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
The health requirements given in this entry are a guide only, based on conditions commonly found on South Africa's import permits.
I, Dr ………………………………, a duly authorised government veterinary officer, hereby certify that:
- The semen is accompanied by this permit.
- The semen is accompanied by a Veterinary Health Certificate issued by the Veterinary Authorities of the Australia to the effect that:
- a) At the time of collection of the semen the donor dog was healthy and suffering from no disease to which the species are susceptible.
- b) At the time of collection of the semen, the donor dog was tested serologically for Brucella canis with negative results.
ATTACHMENT TO THE HEALTH CERTIFICATE FOR THE EXPORT OF CANINE SEMEN TO RSA
|NAME OF DOG|
|DATE OF COLLECTION|
|NUMBER OF STRAWS|
Basis for Micor entry
Based on importing country website and information. Health conditions included in an Import Permit issued in August 2022.
Entry last reviewed 9 November 2023.
17/11/2023 - Extensive changes were made to all sections of this entry.