Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
An import permit is required.
Seychelles Agricultural Agency for information about the process required to import animals into the Republic of Seychelles from Australia.
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
The following conditions were sourced from a permit issued in March 2019.
1. On arrival the dog is accompanied by an Official Veterinary or a certificate from a private/registered veterinarian but duly endorsed by State Veterinarian issued with 48 hours prior to departure stating that:
- The dog is in good health and free from any infestations and contagious diseases;
- The dog is been treated with a suitable insecticide (indicated name on certificate) against ectoparasites;
- The dog is have been vaccinated against Distemper, Infectious Canine Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, Adenovirus and Parvovirus
2. The dog must travel preferably by a direct flight or an approved flight schedule and must not make contact with any other animal at any point en route.
3. The dog must be transported in a container in accordance to the IATA's Regulations on the transportation of live animals.
Pre and post arrival quarantine requirements
4. The dog imported by air in accordance with these regulations shall be conveyed in such a manner as an inspector may direct in the container in which they have been imported to the Small Animal Quarantine Station at Union Vale where it will undergo its two (02) weeks post arrival quarantine.
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Based on a permit issued in March 2019 and importing country website and information.
Entry last reviewed 19 October 2021.
11/01/2022 - Extensive changes were made to all sections of this entry.