Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
An import permit is required.
Seychelles Agricultural Agency for information about the process required to import animals into the Republic of Seychelles from Australia.
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
The following conditions were sourced from a permit issued in November 2016.
1. The cat is accompanied by a health certificate issued by an official or registered veterinarian within 48 hours prior to departure stating that:
- The cat is in good health and free from any infectious, contagious and parasitic diseases.
- The cat has been sprayed with a suitable insecticide (indicated name on certificate) against ectoparasites.
- The cat have been vaccinated against, Feline Enteritis, rhinotracheitis, calicivirus and rabies
- The cat is accompanied by an Official Certificate stating that there have been no cases of Rabies in the State/ Department/ Province/ locality of origin within six months prior to departure
A Rabies Neutralization Antibody Titre Test with results >0.5iu.
Pre- and post-arrival quarantine requirements
2. The cat will be in quarantine for a minimum of two (2) weeks upon arrival into the Seychelles.
3. The cat must travel on an approved flight schedule and must not make contact with any other animal at any point en route.
4. The cat imported by air in accordance with the conditions mentioned above shall be conveyed in such a manner as an inspector may direct in the container in which it has been imported to the Veterinary Services where it will be examined.
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Based on a permit issued in November 2016 and importing country website and information.
Entry last reviewed 19 October 2021.
11/01/2022 - Extensive changes were made to all sections of this entry.