Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
An import permit is required.
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries for information about the process required to import animals into Samoa from Australia.
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
The following conditions were sourced from a permit issued in February 2021.
A Government employed veterinarian must certify on an International Animal Health Certificate that the cats have been:
- Vaccinated against feline enteritis
- Treated for internal parasites
- Treated with an insecticide for ticks and lice
- Country of origin is free of rabies
- Domiciled in country for six months.
The Cat(s) will be subjected to Quarantine Inspection upon arrival.
- All quarantine items are subject to inspection on arrival in Samoa. Non-complying consignments, or those not true to label may be subject to seizure, treatment, re-export or destruction at the importer's expense.
- It is the importer's responsibility to be aware of and to ensure compliance with the requirements of all the other regulatory organisations prior to and after importation. Examples include the Ministry of Revenue (Customs Department), Ministry of Natural Resources, Environment and Meteorology, and the Ministry of Health.
- Import conditions may be subject to change at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries (MAF). This permit may be revoked without notice.
The importing country may have specific transport requirements and you should check this.
It is the exporter's responsibility to arrange a transit permit with the
New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries if required.
Pre and post arrival quarantine requirements
The importing country may have specific pre and post arrival quarantine requirements and you should check this.
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Based on a permit issued in February 2021 and importing country website and information.
Entry last reviewed 19 October 2021.
14/12/2021 - Extensive changes were made to all sections of this entry.