Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the Qatari import requirements.
An import permit is required and may be obtained
online or by contacting the
Qatari Ministry of Municipality and Environment.
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
An approved import permit is required, and conditions
may include vaccinations for Rabies, a Rabies Neutralising Antibody Test (RNAT) and an imperative to wait for a period after the RNAT test before the animal is eligible to travel.
Dogs and cats must be accompanied by a valid original official veterinary health certificate.
The conditions below are provided from an import permit that was issued in 2019:
The following are not allowed to enter into Qatar:
Non vaccinated dogs against rabies, canine distemper, canine Parvo, canine infectious hepatitis and Leptospirosis
[The department understands that this means that dogs exported to Qatar require rabies vaccination, a C3 and leptospirosis vaccination.]
Non vaccinated cats against (rabies and tri-cat)
[The department understands that this means that cats exported to Qatar require rabies vaccination and an F3 vaccination.]
- Dogs and cats less than four months old
- Any dogs or cats without Microchip
Regarding rabies vaccination:
- The vaccination of rabies should be one month prior to dispatch or shipment and the animal should enter during the 11 months of vaccine validity.
- Vaccination certificate must clearly show vaccine sticker in which batch number, dates and manufactures, expiry, and the name of manufacturing company are mentioned.
- Test certificate issued from accredited laboratory within a period not more than 12 months prior to the date of shipment that shows the serum neutralization test (RSNT) against rabies at a level equivalent to or greater than half of the international unit (≥0.5 IU / ML).
- In accordance with the Veterinary Quarantine Law No. (14) of the 2003, regulating veterinary quarantine and its amendments, dogs and cats will be quarantined for at least six months or (refuse entry) if the veterinary authority is not satisfied regarding their health condition or their accompanying certificates.
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Importing country website information.
12/04/2021 - Page first published.