An import permit is required.
Bureau of Animal Industry
Department of Agriculture
Diliman Quezon City
Please note that the Philippines' health requirements for the import of bovine embryos are detailed on the import permit issued by the Philippines authority.
The health requirements given in this entry are a guide only, based on conditions commonly found on the Philippines' import permits.
Exporters preparing consignments of embryos for export to the Philippines must comply with the requirements on the import permit for that consignment.
- The semen must be accompanied by a health certificate issued by a government veterinary officer and endorsed by the Department of Agriculture. The health certificate should state:
- Australia is free from Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD), Rinderpest and Contagious Bovine Pleuropneumonia.
- During the six (6) months prior to embryo collection, no clinical cases of Q Fever, Enzootic Bovine Leucosis (EBL), Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis (IBR), Anthrax, Leptospirosis, Babesiosis, Trichomoniasis and Bluetongue have been diagnosed in the farm of origin of the donor female and donor bulls.
- The herd of origin of the donor females and donor bulls originate from accredited farm/farms classified tested negative, monitored negative or confirmed free of the status for Brucellosis and Tuberculosis.
- That the donor females originate from premises of origin which has been free of Johne's disease for the last five years.
- The donor females come from farms with no diagnosed cases of Campylobacteriosis in the preceding three years prior to export.
- The embryos were collected from donor females that showed no clinical signs of contagious disease on the date of embryos collection.
- The embryos were washed at least 10 times with each progressive washing diluted 1:100 according to procedures recommended by the OIE.
- The embryos were examined microscopically and only embryos with intact zona pellucid are in this shipment.
- The indelible markings on the ampoules or straws identify the embryos recording to the key shown on this health certificate.
- The donor females were negative to the following tests within thirty (30) days prior to or after the collection of semen:
- Johne's disease – ELISA
- EBL – ELISA
- Bluetongue – ELISA