Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements. Additional information to assist exporters with how to prepare reproductive material for export is available on the
An import permit is required.
Information about the process required to import reproductive material into Oman can be found at
Omani Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Water Resources.
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
I, Dr __________________________, a duly authorised government veterinary officer, hereby certify that:
- The semen described above;
- Was collected, processed, stored and transported under conditions which comply with the standards laid down in Annex A and Annex C of Directive 88/407/EEC
- Was collected from domestic bovine animals whose health status comply with the standards laid down in Annex B of Directive 88/407/EEC.
- Was sent to the place of loading in a sealed container under conditions which comply with Directive 88/407/EEC.
- The semen described above was collected from bulls which have not been vaccinated against foot and mouth disease within 12 months prior to collection.
- Fulfil the import conditions for bovine semen laid down in the Bluetongue Chapter of the Terrestrial Animal Health Code of the OIE, depending on the status of the country or zone of residence.
- The donor animals were subjected to a serological test according to the Terrestrial Manual to detect antibody to the BTV group, with negative results, every 60 days throughout the collection period and between 21 and 60 days after the final collection for this consignment.
- Donor bulls were kept in a Bluetongue free zone prior to and during collection for this consignment.
- The semen described above was stored in approved conditions for a minimum period of 30 days immediately following collection.
IDENTIFICATION OF SEMEN
|Bull Code||Breed||Date of collection||Number of doses||Fresh or frozen||Approval number of collection centre|
A declaration by the Artificial Insemination Centre (AIC) veterinarian is required for this export.
This template provides the format for the Centre Veterinarian Declaration (CVD) for the export of cattle semen to Oman (DOCX 43 KB | PDF 245 KB)
The importing country may have specific transport requirements and you should check this.
Basis for Micor entry
Based on importing country website and information.
Entry last reviewed 20 May 2021.
15/11/2023 - Extensive changes were made to all sections of this entry.