Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
An import permit and international health certificate are required.
Contact the Animal Health Department of the Public Authority of Agriculture Affairs and Fish Resources (PAAF) in Kuwait or the
Embassy of the State of Kuwait in Australia for further information.
- Animal Health Department
PO Box 21422
Safat – Kuwait 13075
Refer to these and the Department’s websites for current information about exporting animals (including any suspensions).
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
- The permit is for non-commercial movements only and will become automatically void if found to be used for trade purposes.
As required by the importing country.
The following information was provided in a permit issued by the Animal Health Department of the Public Authority of Agriculture Affairs and Fish Resources (PAAF) in Kuwait in May 2017:
- - An international Animal Health certificate from the country of the origin must be attached.
- - We ask that you will make sure that the birds are not infected with the flu.
- - We ask that you will store the birds for the next twenty-one days to check and make sure that the birds are not carrying any kinds of disease.
The importing country may have specific transport requirements and you should check this.
Pre and post arrival quarantine requirements
The importing country may have specific pre and post arrival quarantine requirements and you should check this.
Return to Australia
Not all live animals are permitted to be imported into Australia. You should make yourself familiar with the
Department's requirements for importing live animals. This is important as your animal may have been exposed to diseases that do not occur in Australia.
Basis for Micor entry
Based on a permit issued in May 2017 and importing country website and information.
Entry last reviewed 23 June 2022.
20/03/2023 - Extensive changes were made to all sections of this entry.