Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
An import permit is required.
Contact the Ministry of Agriculture for information about importing animals into the Kingdom of Jordan from Australia.
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
As importing country requirements may change without advice to the Department you should check the import permit and/or the country website carefully at the time of preparation for export.
Prospective exporters must obtain and supply a NAATI certified 2/3 level English translation to the relevant Departmental regional office at the time of NOI submission.
Certifying officers must review the import permit(s) and conditions provided by the exporter and ensure that the issued document(s) are consistent with the permit(s).
The following conditions were sourced from a permit issued in October 2017.
Conditions on the import of cargo dogs:
- 1) The consignment must be accompanied with a certificate of origin and a veterinary health certificate confirming that it is free from epidemic and contagious diseases;
- 2) Dogs must be immunized against diseases of these species;
- 3) Dogs must be free from internal and external parasites;
- 4) Dogs shall be kept in quarantine for the legal term at arrival into the Kingdom;
- 5) Conditions on transportation and loading as per the Jordanian standards shall be observed in a manner that is not contradictory to the animal welfare policy;
- 6) This licenses shall be considered null and void in the case of any epidemic disease in the country of intended importation, where the Ministry shall bear no legal nor financial responsibility for abolition of the license.
The importing country may have specific transport requirements and you should check this.
Pre and post arrival quarantine requirements
The importing country may have specific pre and post arrival quarantine requirements and you should check this.
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Based on a permit issued in October 2017 and importing country website and information.
Entry last reviewed 10 August 2022.
29/09/2022 - Extensive changes were made to all section of this entry.