Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
An import permit is required.
Contact the Ministry of Agriculture for information about importing animals into the Kingdom of Jordan from Australia.
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
As importing country requirements may change without advice to the Department you should check the import permit and/or the country website carefully at the time of preparation for export.
Prospective exporters must obtain and supply a NAATI certified 2/3 level English translation to the relevant Departmental regional office at the time of NOI submission.
Certifying officers must review the import permit(s) and conditions provided by the exporter and ensure that the issued document(s) are consistent with the permit(s).
The following conditions were sourced from a permit issued in September 2020.
Conditions of entry for freighted cats:
- 1) That the consignment has a Certificate of Origin attached/accompanying it, as well as a veterinary Certificate of Health that ensures the cat is free from any infectious or pandemic [sic] diseases.
- 2) That the cat has been vaccinated against diseases/conditions specific to this species.
- 3) that the cat is free from internal and external parasites.
- 4) That the cat is quarantined for the period required by law upon arrival in the Kingdom.
- 5) Observance of Jordan’s strict specifications regarding the shipment and loading so as to not conflict with the Animal Welfare Policy.
- 6) This permit is considered void in the circumstance that [the cat] presents any infectious disease at the intended country for the importation, and the ministry does not bear any legal or financial responsibility with regards to the cancellation of this permit.
The importing country may have specific transport requirements and you should check this.
Pre and post arrival quarantine requirements
The importing country may have specific pre and post arrival quarantine requirements and you should check this.
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Based on a permit issued in October 2017 and importing country website and information.
Entry last reviewed 10 August 2022.
29/09/2022 - Extensive changes were made to all section of this entry.