Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
Contact the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) for information about the process required to import animals into Japan from Australia.
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
The health certificate below applies to horses destined to Japan from New Zealand travelling via Australia.
I, Dr ………………………………, a duly authorised government veterinary officer, hereby certify that:
- 1) The exported horses have been isolated in isolation facilities and have not been in contact with any other animals which do not satisfy the animal health requirements for horses to be exported to Japan from New Zealand.
- 2) The exported horses show no sign of any infectious diseases through careful clinical inspections conducted by a registered veterinarian during the isolation stated in article 1.
- 3) All containers, vehicles and loading places of an aircraft to be used for transportation of the exported horses were thoroughly cleaned up and disinfected in advance of loading under the supervision of an Australian government officer with disinfectants registered by the authorities.
- 4) The exported horses were kept isolated from any other cloven-hoofed animals and horses during the transportation in Australia. Any other cloven-hoofed animals and horses were not allowed to be mix-loaded with the exported horses on an aircraft to be used for transport of the exported horses to Japan at the time of shipment to Japan.
- 5) Feed and litter to be used during the transportation of the exported horses to Japan was provided from the same source used during the isolation in Australia
- 6) The period which the exported horses have stayed in Australia (import date from New Zealand and export date to Japan): dd/mm/yyyy – dd/mm/yyyy
- 7) Isolation facilities -
- 8) Certificate Number of the health certificate of the exported horses issued by the animal health authorities of New Zealand: __________________
List of Horses
|Name||Colour||Sex||Age||Breed||Microchip number and/or tattoo||Passport Number||Issuing/ Validating Authority|
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Based on agreed health conditions.
Entry last reviewed 2 May 2023.
11/05/2023 - Page first published.