Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
An import permit and official health certificate are required in most circumstances.
Refer to the
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development for current information about the process required to import animals into the State of Israel from Australia.
- Import-Export Unit – Veterinary and Health Services
PO Box 12
Beit Dagan 50250
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
As importing country requirements may change without advice to the Department you should check the import permit and/or the country website carefully at the time of preparation for export.
Certifying officers must review the import permit(s) and conditions provided by the exporter and ensure that the issued document(s) are consistent with the permit(s).
The following conditions were sourced from a permit issued in April 2021.
The shipment must be accompanied by a Health Certificate in English, signed and approved by a government certified veterinary doctor in the country of origin, as per the model certificate (Annex A) and which is an inseparable part of this license.
All dogs/cats require a veterinary health certificate (according the Israeli veterinary health certificate model), which states that:
- a) At the time of examination the animal did not exhibit any symptoms of contagious or infectious diseases.
- b) They have been vaccinated against rabies no more than one year and no less than 30 days (in the case of the primary vaccination) prior to their arrival in Israel.
- c) Not less than 30 days after the rabies vaccination (in the case of the primary vaccination), a serological test has been performed, carried out on a blood sample taken from the animal by an approved veterinarian and tested in an EU or OIE-approved laboratory, which states that the rabies neutralizing antibody titer was equal to or greater than 0.5 IU/ml. in case that the dog/cat was vaccinated more than once against rabies and it’s been more than 30 days since the first vaccination, the 30 days waiting period is not required but 14 days waiting period (but not more than a year or according to manufacture instructions).
- d) The rabies titer test is valid for the entire lifetime of the animal if the dog/cat is vaccinated against rabies annually or according to the vaccine manufacture’s instruction.
Annex A (required for all pet imports)
VETERINARY CERTIFICATE FOR DOMESTIC DOGS AND CATS ENTERING ISRAEL
Country of dispatch of the animal: Australia
Serial number of the Certificate: ___________________________________
|I OWNER/RESPONSIBLE PERSON ACCOMPANYING THE ANIMAL|
|II DESCRIPTION OF THE ANIMAL|
|Sex:||Coat (colour and type):|
|Date of birth:|
III IDENTIFICATION OF THE ANIMAL 1|
|Location of microchip:||Date of microchipping:|
|Tattoo number:||Date of tattooing|
IV VACCINATION AGAINST RABIES 2|
|Manufacturer and name of vaccine:|
|Batch Number: ||Vaccination date:||Valid until|
|V RABIES SEROLOGICAL TEST (when required) 3|
|I have seen an official record of the result of a serological test for the animal, carried out on a sample taken on (dd/mm/yyy) _______________ , and test in an EU or OIE-approved laboratory, which states that the rabies neutralizing antibody titer was equal to or greater than 0, 5 IU/ml.|
|VI CLINICAL EXAMINATION |
|At the time of examination it did no exhibit any symptoms of contagious or infectious diseases |
|OFFICIAL VETERINARIAN OR VETERINARIAN AUTHORISED BY THE COMPETENT AUTHORIT (*) (in the latter case, the competent authority must endorse the certificate)|
|Address:||SIGNATURE, DATE AND STAMP:|
|Delete as applicable|
|ENDORESEMENT BY THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY (not necessary when the certificate is signed by an official veterinarian) |
|DATE AND STAMP: |
The certificate is valid for 10 days.
In case of returning to Israel, the rabies vaccination certificate is valid for 1 year from the rabies vaccination date.
1 All dogs and cats must be tagged with a subcutaneous electronic chip that transmits on a frequency of 134.2 kilohertz and can be read with a chip reader that conforms to the provisions of the ISO Standard No. 11784 or of Annex A of ISO Standard 11785. If the chip does not conform to these standards, the importer or the importer’s representative is required to be in possession of another means to read it.
2 All dogs/cats require a veterinary confirmation that they have been vaccinated against rabies no more than one year and no less than 30 days, if it is the primary vaccination, prior to their arrival in Israel with the exception of arrivals from Oceania, Great Britain, Japan, and Cyprus; such animals, if they were not vaccinated, must be vaccinated against rabies within 5 days of their arrival in Israel.
3 The sample referred to in Part V must have been taken more than 1 month after the rabies vaccination with the exception of arrivals from Oceania, Great Britain, Japan, and Cyprus, or in case of an animal which was vaccinated more than once after tagged by a microchip the sample can be taken 14 days after rabies vaccination as long as more than 30 days passed from the first vaccination against rabies.
Annex B (required for all pet imports)
Notification on Pet Arrival
The pet will arrive to:
Ben Gurion Airport __________________
|Date of arrival
Annex C (Not required for those who have a permit license)
Declaration of the Pet Owner
I, the undersigned declare that:
- The pet will be accompanied during the movement by a person that is responsible for the animal/s.
- The animals are not intended for commercial purposes.
- The animals had been in my possession at least 90 days prior to being brough to Israel.
Date: ______________________ (dd/mm/yyy)
Ports of entry
Pets will only be imported through the following permitted ports of entry:
Ben Gurion Airport
Dogs and cats that are imported with an import permit are permitted to arrive as cargo manifest only and must be accompanied by airway bill.
Pre- and post-arrival quarantine requirements
Dogs and cats that are healthy on arrival and accompanied by the required documentation, will not require a period of quarantine in Israel.
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Based on a permit issued in April 2021 and importing country website and information.
Entry last reviewed 30 September 2021.