Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
An import permit and health certificate are required.
Refer to the
Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Indonesia for information about the process required to import animals into Indonesia from Australia.
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
As importing country requirements may change without advice to the Department you should check the import permit and/or the country website carefully at the time of preparation for export.
Certifying officers must review the import permit(s) and conditions provided by the exporter and ensure that the issued document(s) are consistent with the permit(s).
The permit is only valid for one month from the date of issue.
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IMPORTATION OF PET ANIMALS (DOGS AND CATS) FROM AUSTRALIA TO INDONESIA
I. HEALTH CERTIFICATE
The importation of pet animals (dogs and cats) shall be accompanied by a veterinary health certificate issued by a competent veterinary officer of the Government Veterinary Authority of the country of export, certifying that:
- Rabies has not been reported within the area where the animal has lived for the last 6 (six) months.
- The animal/s have been in country of origin for a period of not less than 6 (six) months preceding export.
- The animal in 5 (five) days before departure must be examined by a veterinarian and found to be healthy and free from any clinical sign of rabies and infectious or contagious diseases of dog/cat, at the time of examination and certification.
- The animal/s at least must be 3 (three) months old and has been vaccinated against rabies using killed-rabies vaccine.
- The animals has been vaccinated with Rabies vaccine and has Rabies antibody titre greater than or equal to 0.5 IU/mL.
The importing country may have specific transport requirements and you should check this.
Pre and post arrival quarantine requirements
On arrival at port of destination, the consignment of pet animals must comply with the prevailed regulation of animal quarantine.
Return to Australia
Basis for Micor entry
Based on a permit issued in January 2022.
Entry last reviewed 1 March 2022.