Cook Islands (CK)
Importing country requirements
It is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the animal meets the importing country requirements.
The requirements for importing live animals into the Cook Islands from Australia can be found on the Cook Islands' Ministry of Agriculture website for Biosecurity – Register & Forms. Only poultry day old chicks including eggs are permitted entry into the Cook Islands from Australia at this time.
A permit is required and can be obtained from:
- Ministry of Agriculture
Government of the Cook Islands
PO Box 96
- +682 28711 (international)
Refer to these and the Department’s websites for current information about exporting animals (including any suspensions).
- Where an importing country issues an import permit, the exporter must ensure the animal meets any requirements in the permit.
As required by the importing country.
Animals must be transported directly from port of departure in Australia to Rarotonga. Animals transported by sea will not be permitted onshore.
Pre and post arrival quarantine requirements
The importing country may have specific pre and post arrival quarantine requirements and you should check this.
- Animals must be accompanied by all documentation as required in the conditions of importation.
- Animals must be examined by an Inspector of the Cook Islands' Ministry of Agriculture and found suitable for importation.
- A permit to land will only be issued subject to the conditions of importation being complied with.
Basis for Micor entry
Based on importing country website and information.
Entry last reviewed 20 June 2022.
21/03/2023 - Extensive changes were made to all sections of this entry.