Consignments are to be free from pests, soil, weed seeds and extraneous material.
This is a protocol market. Growers/orchards, packhouses (if product is packed in a packhouse) and treatment facilities must meet the requirements outlined in the workplan and be accredited by the department. Only fruit sourced and/or treated from accredited properties will be certified.
Protocols and workplans are available through MICoR
Plants in the Documents section. Access is restricted and requires a logon.
The Thailand Ministry of Public Health, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires packhouses to implement good practice requirements. Further information regarding these requirements can be found here
The original and an official translation of the import permit must be presented to an authorised officer at the time of making the appointment.
Grapes are permitted to be exported to Thailand from:
Fruit fly pest free areas (PFAs)
The following areas are recognised as pest free areas for Queensland fruit fly (Bactrocera tryoni) and Mediterranean fruit fly (Ceratitis capitata):
- the Riverland region of South Australia (excluding
the Renmark West, Monash, Cooltong, Pike River and Berri suspension areas).
sourcing fruit from the Riverland must present a State government certificate
at the time of inspection which states all fruit was sourced from properties outside
the Renmark West, Monash, Cooltong, Pike River and Berri suspension areas.
Certificates presented as evidence must be issued after 13 March 2021.
All grapes from Tasmania destined for export to Thailand must be grown, packed and inspected in Tasmania. In the event of an outbreak, fruit from the suspended area may be exported but must undergo cold treatment.
Outside a fruit fly pest free area of:
New South Wales
Fruits must undergo cold treatment.
- Grapes sourced and packed in a 15 km suspension zone for Queensland fruit fly in Western Australia must be treated by using the Mediterranean fruit fly cold treatment parameters.
- Exporters sourcing fruit from the Western Australia must present a State government certificate at the time of inspection which states all fruit was sourced from properties outside the Coolbellup, Perth suspension areas. Certificates presented as evidence must be issued after 15 March 2021.
Vineyards, packhouses and cold treatment facilities must be accredited.
Details of the accredited vineyard are to be entered in the "Shipping marks" section of the EXDOC Request for Permit (RFP) as VINEYARD: TGXXX.
Note: Growers with accredited patches must enter only the vineyard number under "Shipping marks" (i.e. for patch TGXXX-01, enter only TGXXX).
The common name and scientific name (vitis vinifera) of table grapes must be recorded on the phytosanitary certificate.
For consignments exported via sea transport, the Authorised Officer must place a numbered seal on all sea freight containers. The seal number must be noted on the phytosanitary certificate.Labelling requirementsThe information on each package (printed, not handwritten) must include:
- EXPORT TO THAILAND
- Produce of Australia
- Name of exporting company
- Name of fruit (common name)
- Packhouse export approval number or export establishment registration number (this is not requirement if product is packed in field)
- Vineyard / patch export approval number
Growers are reminded to check their accreditation numbers prior to every export to ensure accurate labelling is applied.
Explanation of endorsements:
- Applies to fruit produced outside fruit fly pest free areas and subject to on-shore cold treatment.
- Applies to fruit produced outside fruit fly pest free areas and subject to in-transit cold treatment.
- Applies to fruit produced in the Riverland region (excluding suspension area/s).
- Applies to fruit produced in Tasmania.
- Applies to fruits sourced and packed in a 15 km suspension zone for Queensland fruit fly in Western Australia - Use Mediterranean fruit fly cold treatment parameters.
- Applies to fruits sourced and packed in an area located in excess of a 15 km suspension zone for Queensland fruit fly in Western Australia - Use Mediterranean fruit fly cold treatment parameters.
Where applicable, the exporter is to provide evidence attesting to the endorsement and present it to the Authorised Officer at the time of inspection.