Copy of the Import permit must be presented to the Department of Agriculture and Water
Resources Authorised Officer at the time of making the appointment.
Consignments are to be free from pests, soil, weed seeds and extraneous material; including bark.
ICR applies to new sawn timber only.
- Fruit fly (Bactrocera carambolae)
- Queensland fruit fly (Bactrocera tryoni)
- Banana blood disease
- Red ring disease (Bursaphalencus cocophilus)
- Mediterranean fruit fly (Ceratitis capitata)
- Potato ring rot (Clavibacter michiganense)
- Cocoa pod borer (Conopomorpha cramerella)
- Potato cyst nematode (Globodera spp)
- Coffee berry borer (Hypothenemus hampei)
- Coconut spear rot (Phytopthora palmivora)
- Red palm weevil (Rhyn\cophorus palmarum)
- Rice tungro virus
- Fire ant (Solenopsis invicta)
- Mango pulp weevil (Sternochaetus frigidus)
- Potato wart (Synchytrium endobioticum)
- Khapra beetle (Trogoderma spp)
The Export Control Act 2020 and the Export Control (Wood and Woodchips) Rules 2021, require an export licence issued by the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment for any exports of two tonnes or more of:
- wood in the round (i.e. logs);
- wood with a cross sectional area of at least 225 square centimetres
These are considered ‘prescribed goods’ under the Export Control (Wood and Woodchips) Rules 2021.
A licence is not required for the above listed wood and woodchips if:
If an export licence is required, it is the responsibility of exporters to obtain a licence to export prescribed wood or woodchips prior to export.
Exporters can find information on how to obtain an export licence for prescribed wood or woodchips on the departments website - https://www.awe.gov.au/agriculture-land/forestry/industries/export.
Any enquires on what is classed as prescribed wood or woodchips should be directed to: email@example.com, or call (02) 6272 4353.
The only responsibility authorised officers have in relation to the export licences for unprocessed wood is to inform unprocessed wood exporters of the possible requirement to hold a licence to export unprocessed wood.