Capsicum spp seed
Grains / Seeds
Ministry of Agriculture and Food
Consignments are to be free from pests, soil, weed seeds and extraneous material.
Capsicum spp seeds for sowing must comply with the by the Council of Eurasian Economical Commission's requirement approved on 30 June 2016.Following pests are not known to occur in Australia. Freedom from these pests may be endorsed without citing an evidence:
The freedom from the following pest may endorsed on the phytosanitary certificate using visual inspection by the authorised officer:
- Giant ragweed (Ambrosia trifida),
- oneseed bur cucumber (Sicyos angulatus),
- White morning-glory (Ipomoea lacunose),
- Horse nettle (Solanum сarolinense),
- Cutleaf nightshade and small nightshade (Solanum triflorum),
- Texas blueweed and yerba parda (Helianthus ciliaris),
- Brazil bean weevil (Zabrotes subfasciatus),
- Khapra beetle (Trоgoderma granarium),
- Broad nosed grain weevil (Caulophilus latinasus).
Freedom from the following pests may be endorsed on the phytosanitary certificate by exporter providing a combination of laboratory analysis certificate, state freedom or area of production, crop inspection report:
- Western ragweed (Ambrosia psilostachya),
- Common ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia),
- Poverty weed (Iva axillaris),
- Russian knapweed (Acroptilon repens),
- Ivy-leaved morning glory (Ipomoea hederacea),
- Buffalobur Nightshade or Buffalo Burr (Solanum rostratum),
- Silverleaf nightshade (Solanum elaeagnifolium),
- Hairy beggarticks (Bidens pilosa),
- Spanish needles (Bidens bipinnata),
- Spiny burr grass (Cenchrus longispinus),
- Cowpea weevils. (Callosоbruchus spp).
- Dodder range (Cuscuta spp),
- Witchweed (Striga spp),
- Potato spindle tuber viroid.
Where applicable, the exporter is to provide evidence attesting to the endorsement and present it to the Authorised Officer at the time of inspection.
Option 1 (EXDOC Endorsement 1181)
1) The Capsicum spp seeds are free of quarantine pests stipulated in the Common Rules number 157 approved by the Council of Eurasian Economical Commission on 30 November 2016.
The Council of Eurasian Economical Commission's Directive №157 dated 30 November 2016.