1. Preconditions for market access
1.1 Import permit
1.2 Establishment registration
1.3 Production of eggs and egg products
Production of egg products
Production of shell eggs
1.4 Labelling and packaging
1.5 Use-by date and shelf life
1.6 Documentation requirements
- Japan requires the importer to confirm with the Osaka Branch of the Animal Quarantine Service prior to import that the attestations included in the above certificate are appropriate and acceptable for the specific consignments to be imported into Japan.
For frozen liquid egg products use EX46EG certificate (electronic or manual) with endorsement 5210.
Additional endorsement 5210
- Australia has been free from Notifiable Avian Influenza for at least 90 days prior export.
- Newcastle disease has not occurred for at least 90 days prior to export, within a minimum radius of 50 km from the production farm and the processing plant where the eggs used for the production of the egg liquids were produced, selected, disinfected, processed and packed.
- The eggs used for the production of the egg liquids were sourced from a farm/s approved by the government authority in Australia.
- The farm/s have been free from fowl cholera and has/have not experienced an outbreak of other trade significant poultry diseases for at least 90 days prior to export of the egg liquids.
- The eggs used for the production of the egg liquids were collected, selected, cleaned, disinfected and packed at the processing plant under hygienic condition supervised by the government authority in Australia.
- The eggs used for the production of the egg liquids were transported from the production farm to the processing plant under hygienic condition.
- The egg liquids were packed in new and clean packing material.
- The egg liquids are stored or packed using new and clean packages or containers, and handled in a way to prevent being exposed to any pathogens or any animal infectious diseases prior to export.
- The product/s described above are derived from eggs of the species Gallus gallus.
- The Department is aware that Japan's Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (MAFF) require the following information on commercial documentation:
- Production date (lay date) of the eggs used in the production of the egg products. Specific dates must be provided; for example, between 10/03/2016 and 15/03/2016 etc.
- The approved layer farm/s (name, address and the establishment number).
Liquid egg products to be imported into Japan must meet the compositional specifications, manufacturing standards and preservation standards stipulated under the
Specifications and Standards for Foods, Food Additives, etc. Under the Food Sanitation Act (Abstract) 2010.
1.7 Port-of-entry inspection and testing
2. Operational requirements
3. Documentation requirements
4. Import procedures
5. Packaging, labelling and shipping marks (port marks)
6. Shipping and air freight requirements
7. Additional documentation available
25/08/2021 - Removal of updates put in place during the 2020 Avian Influenza outbreak in Victoria (sections 1.3).