1.1 Establishment registration
Establishments are required to be export registered to export eggs from Australia to the Republic of Korea (South Korea).
Exceptions to establishment list and overseas registration
Preparation of goods at an export registered establishment and an export permit is not required if you are exporting the following, as these goods are not prescribed under the Export Control (Eggs and Egg Products) Rules 2021;
- (a) eggs from a species other than Gallus gallus;
- (b) egg products derived from eggs from a species other than Gallus gallus;
- (c) eggs or egg products that are animal food or pharmaceutical material;
- (d) liquid egg products exported in a consignment of not more than 10 litres;
- (e) eggs or egg products not covered by paragraphs (a) to (d) exported in a consignment of not more than 10 kilograms;
- (f) egg products in the form of a tablet or capsule;
- (g) eggs or egg products for export to New Zealand.
- However, if the Republic of Korea (South Korea) requires a government certificate for the entry of the above goods, a certificate can be issued by the department – provided that the goods have been prepared in an export registered establishment.
1.2 Overseas listing
Establishments are required to be establishment listed to export eggs from Australia to the Republic of Korea (South Korea).
|Initial listing procedure|
|Establishment listing required for Republic of Korea (South Korea)||No|
1.3 General information
An import permit is required for eggs exported from Australian to the Republic of Korea (South Korea).
The validity of the permit is subject to change as determined by the Republic of Korea (South Korea).
Farms that produce shell eggs must ensure that Salmonella enteritidis and Salmonella typhimurium has not been isolated in the production farm/s of the edible eggs during the last 90 days before export.
Establishments can check if they are listed with South Korea's
Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS).
For enquiries about gaining access to export whole eggs in shell to South Korea, contact the Department at