3.1 Cage, barn and free-range table eggs
There is no agreed certification for the import of cage, barn or free-range eggs into Japan.
3.2 Egg products that are not heat treated
For frozen liquid egg products use Health Certificate template EX46EG certificate with additional endorsement 5210.
Additional endorsement 5210
- Australia has been free from Notifiable Avian Influenza for at least 90 days prior export.
- Newcastle disease has not occurred for at least 90 days prior to export, within a minimum radius of 50 km from the production farm and the processing plant where the eggs used for the production of the egg liquids were produced, selected, disinfected, processed and packed.
- The eggs used for the production of the egg liquids were sourced from a farm/s approved by the government authority in Australia.
- The farm/s have been free from fowl cholera and has/have not experienced an outbreak of other trade significant poultry diseases for at least 90 days prior to export of the egg liquids.
- The eggs used for the production of the egg liquids were collected, selected, cleaned, disinfected and packed at the processing plant under hygienic condition supervised by the government authority in Australia.
- The eggs used for the production of the egg liquids were transported from the production farm to the processing plant under hygienic condition.
- The egg liquids were packed in new and clean packing material.
- The egg liquids are stored or packed using new and clean packages or containers and handled in a way to prevent being exposed to any pathogens or any animal infectious diseases prior to export.
- The product/s described above are derived from eggs of the species Gallus gallus.
Liquid egg products to be imported into Japan must meet the compositional specifications, manufacturing standards and preservation standards stipulated under the
Specifications and Standards for Foods, Food Additives, etc. Under the Food Sanitation Act (Abstract) 2010 (PDF 1.9 MB).
3.3 Egg products that are heat treated
There is no agreed certification for the import of heat-treated egg and egg products into Japan.
3.4 Manufacturing grade products
There is no agreed certification for import of manufacturing grade products into Japan.
3.5 Consignments under 10kg and trade samples
Japan has no known requirements for consignments under 10 kg and trade samples that differ from those required in the Export Control (Eggs and Egg Products) Rules 2021. Please confirm requirements with your importer before sending a consignment under or equal to 10 Kg.