MICoR (Plants) contains information about the conditions to export plants and plant products, including fruit, vegetables, seeds, grains, cut flowers and timber from Australia. It is a simple and convenient reference tool detailing the requirements for Import Permits, Phytosanitary Certificates, Additional Declarations and/or treatments, and also any other relevant export information and documentation, such as protocols.
Exporters must meet both the requirements of the Export Control Act (1982) and its subordinate legislation and any importing country quarantine requirements for the Department of Agriculture to provide the necessary documentation to enable products to be exported. The Australian Government is a signatory to the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC), and strongly supports international cooperation in controlling pests of plants and plant products through science based quarantine measures that will prevent the unintended spread of pests to other countries through imported products.
If importing country requirements of a particular country or commodity are not contained in MICoR Plants, exporters should seek information regarding any specific quarantine requirements of the importing country from the relevant quarantine authority.
NEW - MICoR Plants User Guide
The User Guide is currently unavailable whilst it is being updated
To search for a specific case
- Select the required Country - to expand the list click Show More and scroll through the list
- Only the linked Group will be displayed
- Select the required Group (if applicable) - expand the list click Show More and scroll through the list
- Only the linked End Use will be displayed
- Select the required End Use (if applicable) - to expand the list click Show More and scroll through the list
- Only the linked cases will be displayed
- Select the required case under Scientific Name / Common Name - to expand the list click Show More and scroll through the list
- The result or results will automatically be displayed under the Recent results heading
- Click the hyperlinked text to display the specific case
- Searches can be conducted at any level. eg: Country and Group only; Country and End Use only; Country only
If you require any further information or you wish to contact the Plant Exports Branch please select the support link at the top right of this page.
This section contains documents relevant to plant exports, but which are not country or commodity specific. Within this section are 'Protocols' - the bilateral agreements between the Department of Agriculture and the importing country NPPO and Workplans, which have been developed from the protocols.
Not all Protocols have had a Workplan developed, and not all Workplans have a Protocol.
View the documents